Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Newer Post Older Post Home

How do you pronounce your name?

I’m going to confuse you. Are you ready?

If you read my previous post then you will see I encouraged you not to use Google Translate and that a proper dictionary and learning the phonetics was better.

I still believe that... but now I want to you visit Google Translate to hear something interesting.

Let me explain what to do.
Listen to the differences.
Enjoy them!
  1. Type in your name. 
  2. Translate it into another language. 
  3. Click on “Listen” 
Google provides different pronunciations for the same word (your name) depending on what the language is.

Take a look at this little demonstration of mine.

Why is this important?

First of all, it’s quite funny to hear your name pronounced in another language.

Secondly, if you put other names into Google Translate then you get some ideas about the important differences in pronunciation between languages.

Try out a few names and you might notice some big differences in pronunciation.  Here are the translations I showed you in the demonstration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home